Croydon Arena Re-Opens 8th December – BOOK NOW
GOOD NEWS! Croydon Arena re-opens on Tuesday 8th December, with our first session being 5.30pm-6.50pm/7.10-8.30pm. We’ve booked at the same time for every Tuesday and Thursday up to and including Tuesday 22nd. There is no session on the 24th.
Please watch this video to learn how it works before booking.
Key Points in Summary
- We are privately hiring the Arena from GLL at a cost to the club.
- You must book and pay before attending. You won’t be allowed in if you haven’t.
- £3 for young athletes, £4 for adults. Payment is made via BACS.
- Booking closes Monday evening for that week’s training.
- No spectators allowed but….
- ….Volunteers are needed to be on the gate to admit people
- Volunteers also needed to be Covid marshals within the track to ensure athlete safety.
- We will also be fundraising to try and make this as cheap as possible for all athletes. Please reply to this email if you’d like to volunteer with us to fundraise.
- The responsibility of Croydon Arena is completely with us during the hire period. We need your help to make it work.
- The first week will be a test, so all feedback is welcome and anything is subject to change in coming weeks.
Membership for 2021
This year has been extremely difficult for us as a club and we really value all your efforts. All those who are paid up this year, will be able to renew for £16 for 2021. This covers the England Athletics registration fee. For those who’s subs are still outstanding for 2020, you’ll need to pay that first, before then being able to renew for £16. Any queries contact Karen
Statement for the media
“All of us at Croydon Harriers are delighted that we are returning to Croydon Arena after a nine month absence. Although it has been a frustrating 100th anniversary, we do appreciate the difficult situation that Croydon Council and GLL are in due to the ongoing issues caused by the pandemic. We are particularly grateful to Paula Murray and David White from Active Croydon, David Hughes at GLL and Cllr Oliver Lewis for all their help and support for facilitating our return. This wouldn’t have happened without them.
“All of us at Croydon Harriers would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to Scott Hart and Luke Bashford, two long standing members of staff at Croydon Arena who have now sadly moved on. We very much appreciate all their efforts over the years and they will be missed.
“Croydon Harriers will be privately hiring the Arena at a per hourly rate. We are aiming to do some fundraising in order to help cover the costs. If anyone would be interested in helping us with this do let us know. All offers of help are very much welcome. We look forward to Tuesday and welcoming back the local athletics community to the spiritual home of the sport in the Borough”.