Croydon 10K – Ways you can help
The Croydon 10K is the annual charity road race which raises thousands of pounds for local causes, organised by Croydon Harriers with lots of help from the local running community. It takes place on the 23rd October.
The Croydon 10K is the annual charity road race which raises thousands of pounds for local causes, organised by Croydon Harriers with lots of help from the local running community.
We’d love to have your help in the run-up to the event and on the day itself. Without your help the event simply can’t happen.
In the build-up
Promote the race
- Plug the race on the social media channels, with the link to the race: https://register.enthuse.com/ps/event/TheCroydon10KRoadRace
- Take a flyer from the track and put in a prominent place ie local shop, front window, staff noticeboard
- Raise awareness of the race by word of mouth
Donations of prizes
- Ask local companies (or yours!) for donations of prizes for example money off vouchers. If you have connections we’ve had donations of wine and boxes of fruit for finishers in the past. Anything similar to this would be amazing.
The night before, 7pm meet at Lloyd Park Ave
- We put up all the signs on the course, approx 90, and we have two cars of 3-4 people in each to make light work of the task at hand. This normally takes 2-3 hours.
On the day
- Marshals – This is the most critical role we need help with at the moment. Without 20+ marshals we simply cannot host the race in a safe fashion. No experience necessary, you will simply be pointing the runners in the correct direction. Please come forward for this vital role if you can.
- Setting up – We will be on site from 7am setting up tables, stands and the finish area.
- Baggage – Runners may leave their bags with the tent. We will need a volunteer to put stickers on the bags and then guard them during the race. This can be divided up between 1-2 people.
- Lead car – We have a lead car from our sponsor Kinghams of Croydon which leads out the lead runners around the course. We need one person who has run the course before to sit in the passenger seat
- Finish line – When runners finish the race, we will need assistance in cutting the chips off their shoes. 2-3 people required, clippers provided.
Any queries please email us