Clubhouse update, September 2020
Clubhouse manager Terry Lapins has been busy courtesy of a Stand Out and Make A Difference day for Vinci Construction.
VINCI Construction UK supports employees who wish to volunteer within the community by allowing them an additional day’s paid leave to do so.
And Terry chose us! We are very grateful to Terry for his efforts given the break-ins we’ve had this year. Here is his summary of what he has been up to:
- Boarding up the broken glass to 1 section the UPVC bi-fold entrance doors. Both external and internal boarding to allow for extra temporary security prior to the glass replacement.
- Tidied up the mess from the vandals in the kit store room, Kitchen and main floor area.
- Repair 2 internal door frames and re-fix architraves to both the kitchen and kit store. Ready for filling and paint touch up
- Hoovering up all shards of glass from the broken entrance door panels.
- Bagged up 7 bags of rubbish and took them to the local tip at the end of the day
- Fixed up the Presidents Board onto the wall
- Fixed down a new composite (looks like timber) bench outside the clubhouse near the to finish line of the track in memory of one the former club presidents
- And finally glued and fixed the 2 remaining mirrors to the weights room area/gym that never got finished pre-lockdown.
- This weekend Marked the 100th Anniversary of the club, so it was perfect timing to get the clubhouse back up to scratch of some form in readiness for when Croydon council re-open the Arena, for not just the Croydon Harriers but all of the other Arena users too!